Re: [ve-dev] Border Layout implementation not working

Title: Re: [ve-dev] Border Layout implementation not working

hi Peter,

      I was able to get the 'Show Live Window". The live window is also showing exactly the same thing as the snapshots that I had referred before. I am not able to find what could be the problem with the classpath.

The following is excerpt from a reply of one of the V.E developers.

"The user experience for your user should be that the MyLayout.class file is in the build path of their Java project.  By default it won't be (because it's not part of the JFC classes) so your user must do something to add it.  The way the VE tends to do this is with a classpath container, and the tutorial on http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-VE-Custom-Widget/customwidget.html shows how to create a container.

In your plugin you should keep separate the code that runs in the IDE and is part of your plugin (which includes MyLayoutPolicyFactory) and the code that runs in the VE's target VM.  If you look at something like the org.eclipse.ve.swt plugin you will see separate source folders - one called ve_swt and one called vm_swt.  Look also at the file proxy.jars that redirects the VE in development mode so where it looks for a .jar file on the target VM it instead looks inside the /bin folder in the workbench."

I have added a class path container.  Remembering the above passage for class path from one of the previous mails .I tried to add a proxy.jars. But I am not able to understanding the phenomenon of proxy.jars. Can you please explain the swt proxy. jars? , So that I would be able to replicate the same for my project. I have attached the proxy. jars document from the org.eclipse.ve.swt plug-in .

Thanks in Advance,
Rashmi H.Ramachandra

Back to the top