[ve-dev] IP Issues

A quick suggestion has come from the Eclipse Management Organization via the CDT team about managing code contributions. It's really simple: If someone wants to contribute code to Eclipse, have then create a PR in Bugzilla and upload the code there. For <100 lines of code, then we can automatically use it because the Eclipse web site terms of use specify that anything put in Bugzilla is licensed under the EPL. For >100 lines of code or anything with cryptography, we still have to review it with the EMO to make sure that everything's kosher.

I like that this puts minimal management overhead on us for the most common cases, it's completely transparent, and it's traceable.

Best,

Dave Orme

--
Coconut Palm Software      http://www.coconut-palm-software.com
Objects are here to stay   http://www.db4o.com

PGP Public Key (for confidential communications):
http://www.coconut-palm-software.com/~djo/public_key.txt

Back to the top