Re: [ve-dev] Surrounding Components with a JPanel in VE

Hi Ali,

If you attach to CVS host=dev.eclipse.org and repository path="/cvsroot/tools" logon using user id of "anonymous" and expand to folder "org.eclipse.ve.examples", select "org.eclipse.ve.example.emfmodel" and do "Check Out".  This should create the project org.eclipse.ve.examples.emfmodel in your workspace.

This has a class SetBackgroundJavaBeanObjectActionDelegate which basically pops up on a "Refactor>" menu for an SWT control or Swing component and lets you change the background color.  The idea of this (and other things that will complete the plugin and the tutorial that accompanys it we are working on) is to give people like yourselves examples to work with that do EMF model manipulation.  I think it covers your question, whose answer I gave previously assumed that you are creating someo kind of action that will be on a pop-up menu or toolbar that will work against the selected JavaBeans.

Let us know if the project helps you, and also if there is any scenario you'd like to see us include in it.  The examples we were thinking of being there are how to manipulate properties of JavaBeans (which the setBackground sort of covers), how to add things to the model (for both Swing and SWT), remove them, change type, and also rescope (i.e. manipulate the code so things that were local fields become instance fields and such).

Best regards,

Joe Winchester

Back to the top