Re: [ve-dev] Surrounding Components with a JPanel in VE

Hi Joe,

I'm very thankful for your in deepth answers. Now I have some questions
regarding your answers.

Joe Winchester wrote:

> Hi Ali,
>
> So what I need to know is,
>
> >a) how can I get the selected components in VE (step 2)? Trough
> >org.eclipse.gef.ui.actions.SelectionAction.getSelectedObjects() ?
>
> This will be an edit part.  Cast to
> ((EditPart)((StructuredSelection)selection.getfirstSelectedItem()).getModel()
> to get an IJavaInstance

a) where do I get "selection"

b) do you mean:

SelectionAction selection = SelectionAction() (-> needs an IWorkbenchPart)?
selection.getSelectedObjects()

I have serious problems in understanding your answer. Could you please
describe it a little bit more.

Best regards

Ali Ikinci

Back to the top