[ve-dev] Layout info of the UI components

Hi All,
Does the Eclipse API or any helper classes let the users know the Layout info of the UI components viz. Views/Editors etc.

In short I want to achieve what Eclipse does behind the scenes when persisting the state of UI components in the workbench.xml.

eg..
<info part="
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewStack@adcd81" relative="bottomRight" relationship="2" ratioLeft="241" ratioRight="504" ratio="0.32348993" folder="true">

However my requirement is that I persist such info for UI layout temporarily in the memory (as some data structre) & finally when the workbench is about to be closed I serialize it in the Backend DB..

I found that when you do the following ..

layout.addView(LabsView.ID, IPageLayout.TOP,  new Float(0.60).floatValue(), IPageLayout.ID_EDITOR_AREA);

Eclipse uses classes within org.eclipse.core.internal package to do the behind the scene job..

Eg. It adds the view inside the ViewStack folder etc..

Is there any API / helper classes available to achieve the above mentioned job ?

My application would ultimately use preferences to restore the UI state.

Cheers,
Ujjwal

Back to the top