Re: [ve-dev] "plugin.xml" & "runtime library"

Hi,

The plugin.xml contains the eclipse specific stuff to do with extensions and the manifest.mf is stuff for the OSGI loading mechanism.  If you have a MANIFEST.MF and not a plugin.xml open the "plugin manifest editor" from the MANIFEST.MF file and on the "Extensions" page use the Add button to just add an extension - anything will do.  This will create the necessary plugin.xml file which will appear as a tab in the editor.  Switch to this, delete the extension you just created that you don't need, and then you should be batting OK from here onwards.

For the screen cap in the tutorial the plugin editor has changed since we took it.  It is now called "classpath" on the "Runtime" tab.  Thanks for pointing this out - we are going to have to make some changes to the tutorial shortly so we'll add the new screen and update the text.

Best regards,

Joe Winchester

Back to the top