[ve-dev] VE Extension Tutorial - What do you want to see ?

Joe Winchester and I have been having a discussion over on the newsgroup about cooking up a VE extension tutorial. We are looking for input as to what areas this should cover (code generation, persistence in other formats like xml, custom palettes, ect). What are you interested in seeing ? What do you think would be most helpful to people just starting to dip their toes into the api ? What would be most useful for more veteran extenders who are looking to make some serious changes to the way the VE works ? Once we get a range of ideas we can start to narrow down the focus of the tutorial. It is likely to start on the easier end of the scale. If that tutorial is helpful more advanced pieces will likely follow. We are also looking for people who may be interested in giving input on the content, possibly contributing, and reviewing the piece once we have cobbled it together.
Any takers ?

Dylan Bruzenak

Back to the top