Re: [ve-dev] creationClassURI

Joe Winchester wrote:

> Hi Ali,
>
> If ChooseBean doesn't show your org.test.mypalette.MyPanel class then
> is it definitely in the build path of the project ?

Have added it (bin/), doesn't make a difference This is my build.properties:

source.. = src/
output.. = bin/
bin.includes = META-INF/,\
               .,\
               plugin.xml,\
               bin/

> If you just go to the source code and add it by hand does it compile OK ?

Can you explain this sentence, I don't know what you are meaning.

> From reading your note my first guess would be that you don't have
> MyPanel available to the project.

Yes this is my suspicion, too.

> However you must have something in the build path to trigger your
> palette.xmi file to be included - I presume that is some container of
> some sort ?

   <extension
         point="org.eclipse.ve.java.core.contributors">
      <palette
            categories="palette/mypalettebeanscats.xmi"
            container="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER"
            loc="first"/>
   </extension>

> In the Packages viewer can you select your project and expand the
> container

what do you mean here with container?

> and make sure that MyPanel is actually there ?  You might have to
> change some of the
> package explorer filter options to let it show you the dependent jar
> entries - these options are available on the Filter dialog that you
> open from the little down arrow on the
> top right corner of the Packages viewer.

I have removed all Filters and am not wiser

Thanks

Ali Ikinci

Back to the top