[ve-dev] Potentially Bug in VE (jfc) detected

Hi there,
I guess I found a Bug in VE (jfc) but I don't know really so if we agree
on this case we can report it. It's about adding an existing JLabel to
an existing JPanel with dragging it on it, in the Visual Editor View or
in the Java Beans View. To replicate this behaviour you can do the
following:

1. Install Eclipse SDK 3.1,EMF 2.1, GEF 3.1 and VE 1.1 (the actual
official versions)
2. Create a new Visual Class with a JFrame
3. Change the Layout of the JFrame to null Layout in Properties View
4. Add a JPanel from the Swing Container Palette to the JFrame but leave
somewhat place in the JFrame
5. Add a JLabel from the Swing Components Palette to the JFrame, and not
on the JPanel
6. Drag the JLabel from the JFrame to the JPanel (in the Visual Editor
view or in the Java Beans view) and it doesn't function, nothing happens.

But with all other elements from the Swing Components Palette this
functions like expected. So my question to the developers is, is this
behavior normal because of the JLabel has something special to all other
components. And are others experiencing the same behavior.

I have to mention that I'm using Eclipse on Linux with gtk+ and jdk1.5
from sun.

With kind regards

Ali Ikinci

Back to the top