Re: [ve-dev] Re: cartoon images of widgets...ComponentManagerProxy not resolved (Rich Kulp)

Hi Namrata,

It is. I forgot that because you are doing an IDE registry instead of a remote registry that it doesn't automatically pick up everything. This is because when doing a remote registry it is using the project's classpath to determine what it needs. Since you are doing IDE registry without a project it just includes the bare minimums.

You will need to add to your IDE start implementation the following (I assume you are using IDERegistration.createIDEProxyFactoryRegistry(String aName, String aPluginName, URL[] otherURLs)):

You will need to add some "otherURLs". You will need:

ProxyPlugin.getPlugin().urlLocalizeFromBundleOnly(Platform.getBundle("org.eclipse.ve.jfc"), "vm/jfcvm.jar")

as the URL to pass into the array of urls.

Sorry about that, but there may be more of these as we go on. You are in new territory here. :-)

Rich

"Namrata" <namrata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ve-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/11/2005 06:38 PM

Please respond to
Discussions people developing code for the Visual Editor project

<ve-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[ve-dev] Re: cartoon images of widgets...ComponentManagerProxy not        resolved (Rich Kulp)

Hi Rich,

Thanks to your inputs, I now have a very clear understanding of the
infrastructure.

I have started my implementation and am stuck at a point for past 2 days -

The 'fComponentManagerBeanProxy' in 'ComponentManager' is returning as
proxyNotResolved. However my visual proxy is getting resolved appropriately.

I suspect that I have to setup some configuration item so that the Registry
knows the location of the jar file, that defines
"org.eclipse.ve.internal.jfc.vm.ComponentManager".

Here is a truncated portion of my code -

protected void instantiateAndInitialize(IExpression _expression_){
               IProxy bProxy = InstantiateBeanProxy(_expression_,

(IElement)target);
               / * bProxy is an _expression_ Proxy. It will be resolved after
invokeExpression */

                getComponentManager().setComponentBeanProxy(bProxy,
                                             _expression_,
getModelChangeController() );

                try{
                          _expression_.invokeExpression();
                 }
}

This is causing an exception in
org.eclipse.ve.internal.jfc.core.ComponentManager.getRegistry(ComponentManag
er.java:781)

Am I missing something in configuring the registry? Or is there something
wrong in the flow of my code?
I understand that I have to pass an unresolved beanProxy along with the
_expression_ to the ComponentManager.
Is that correct, or do I have to pass a resolved beanProxy?

Thanks
Namrata