[ve-dev] Re: Using JEM to draw cartoon images of widgets (Namrata)

Rich,

Thanks for the information.

I debugged VE today, and came across REMExpression data structure in many
places. I guessed that this is the expression for instantiating a bean?

Will I be need to use/initialize/configure the REMExpression data, or is it
something internal?

My model is an emf defined xml model. I will need a mapping between the xml
node and the corresponding swing class? I realized the VE uses an EMF model
on top of the code model. Where can I find the relation between the EMF
model and the corresponding visual class?

Thanks
Namrata.

> HI Namrata,
>
> It depends. For us if we have a frame with buttons on it, we only care
> about the image of the frame because that image will include the image of
> the buttons since they are on the frame. Since we can get the absolute
> location of the buttons relative to the frame from the ComponentManager,
> we know their position and size and we could just use that as our child
> figure bounds. Our child figure has a transparent image on it (i.e. no
> image is painted but it has bounds so that it can be clicked on, or a
> border drawn around it).
>
> If you wanted only the image of the button to put someplace else other
> than to be within the image of the frame, then you would have to retrieve
> the image of the button separately.
>
> Rich

Back to the top