[ve-dev] Implementing BoxLayoutPane

Hello,

Need your help with implementing ULCBoxLayoutPane:

In ULC, we have ULCBoxLayoutPane whose constructor takes the axis as arg.
Axis cannot be set using a setter:

     The code pattern:

     ULCBoxLayoutPane box = new ULCBoxLayoutPane(ULCBoxLayoutPane.Y_AXIS):
     box.add(getULCButton(), null);

We would like to put ULCBoxLayoutPane on the palette. we would like to have
2 entries in the palette, one for ULCBoxLayout_X and one for ULCBoxLayout_y.

Question:

1. How do we instantiate a class that has an arg in the constructor?

2.  How do we specify the palette xmi or override file which constructor to
generate in case the user picks Box_X or Box_Y?

3. Could you please give a solution to implement such a thingincluding what
to do in codegen.

-------------------------

I looked up your implementation of Swing BoxLayout:

1. In LayoutManager.override you specify the Box_X and Box_y as combo
entries for layout struct feature.

2. You specify artificial classes javax.swing.BoxLayout_X and
javax.Swing.BoxLayout_Y

3. Then in layoutmanger.override you specify the BoxLayoutPolicyFactory

4. BoxLayoutPolicyFactory.getLayoutManagerInstance constructs the right
JavaObjectInstance
   with appropriate arg in constructor for Box_X or Box_Y

How do I achieve similar thing but from the palette?

Quick help will be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Janak

Back to the top