[ve-dev] fieldname change and reload

Dear VE Team,

With your help and guidance we are almost ready with our release. We really
appreciate your help and thank you for the same.

However, there is one problem:

Scenario:

We have a container (ULCBoxPane) and a ULCButton in it.

If we rename the fieldname for ULCButton, VE does refresh children by
reparsing the code. However, while reparsing and adding the child
(ULCButton) to the container (ULCBoxPane), it is not able to find the
ProxyAdapter for ULCButton and neither it is able to create it
(eInternalResource() returns null because eDirectResource is null for the
button eobject and even the eInternalContainer is null).

It seems that button is removed from the model but not added back.

Could you please tell why the PA is not created during the reload after
rename of fieldname?

We need to do an explicit reload to see the button within the container
after rename. This time again, during the reload while adding the child, it
doesnot find ProxyAdapter, however it is able to create it from the
eContainer's resource.

This behavior has been observed for both VE 1.0.1 and VE 1.0.1.1.

While debugging SWT:

I saw similar behavior, PA in primAddControl is null and there is an
exception. However, the model is built subsequently and the canvas is
repainted correctly.

What is it that is triggreing auto reload in the case of SWT? Are we missing
something?

Thanks and regards,

Janak

Back to the top