Re: [uprotocol-dev] [EXTERNAL] Hello uprotocol-dev team
  • From: Steven Hartley <steven.hartley@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2024 19:15:27 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=gm.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=gm.com; dkim=pass header.d=gm.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector10001; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=TNmEVDFdRqQqz9Xeysmyu70z2BW7dERHqSHEn8q4rUw=; b=jhtqLJMD7pv8UugZKG+5pgObhrVE+nSIb38/OP4zvl4+A6xjmxPGX6Zxlkr6RpAdjcA0mpZ/acGyDiPTLNKB+8IeDk4BvQnr4+shJTB6PoEU/pHEVuX05M0MI4gKZguHDp5WWoKefikEycXl49K0K5tu41dHKuTNlIG67FGKYjXXNc80neW1QR5hSSBFeE7yOBRfCQFNiZMei2DQkWYc5PXVCL1otDbzerP/jAYW+lBVsKb4sgJp4QpUYsPVzLo6K2Z/zIZSx3q9GZnTDmlV5GNBiQ1HR+qx7e8stgrfRZ94y15WV+ojXtMdA1znYKC79uu5GaONDAs/2tG2UoTtaQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector10001; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=GluedfuCYj8/cCdgQkpVOPnYNpwyI78pheB6F7bQUcvOGYNVAhHVaEjqYGJJ29UnbQrXu2l4EAr1zOUWZtUihXR5AAiytMjn6NvwIqyhcWl+pEXXomAES4Tbr6vN1N7qywrAFMALjxzgQfkxZiT8GLD/TX7Ldii04z8oPvkXzd0zFQBvdhIM8XKzlciFnqA1+G6IfhQIk/8dJnwakuq4+0J0TooEYRl/0TGD5JqRnSh/8zXtquWOeKXKFsOvJW1Y6spmHRkFkNbKCxnxXeWhm1oQsq6hseLb5uUu52UWXGkDhtWIaerXrmzjesKAEMnSJcRehKiaHpbl2lb5u4kztA==

Hi Dan,
Perfect timing as we discussed this at the community meeting this morning. We have been so focused (as a community) on "building the foundation" that we haven't prioritized user guides until now. We plan to meet with tech writers to create users guides and help provide easy to use language specific documentation in the coming weeks,  in the meantime, the best place to start for C++ development is https://github.com/eclipse-uprotocol/up-conan-recipes where we house all of the release/build recipes for C++ projects.
https://github.com/eclipse-uprotocol/up-cpp is the main client facing library for building apps and services written in C++. Once you clone up-conan-recipes, follow https://github.com/eclipse-uprotocol/up-conan-recipes?tab=readme-ov-file#building-temporary-zenoh-packages then https://github.com/eclipse-uprotocol/up-conan-recipes?tab=readme-ov-file#building-release-packages to build (and install) all the components you need to develop C++ uEs using zenoh transport. BTW, not all language + transports combinations exist yet so either you use a combination that exists or add one and contribute it back (ex. c++ MQTT).

Other components needed for a deployment (Usubscription UDiscovery, Streamer, etc...) will eventually be packaged into release containers that can be used to run and test your applications.

Finally, To stay up to date on progress:

Steven.