Re: [udig-dev] rethrow exception in EditManagerImpl#commitTransaction

Hi,

I am also aware of this issue a long tine ago. In my application I have modify EditManagerImpl so that when an exception is caught an  error MessageDialog is displayed to the user in both cases indicating a problem.
Moreover since in most of the cases espacially when dialing with database layers (I work with mysql layers) the problem is not recoverable (transaction is actually doomed) I resort in closing the transaction and initiating a new one.
I can submit a proposed PR for review th coming days if you think that this behaviour can be useful.

Στις Τρί, 23 Οκτ 2018 στις 4:55 μ.μ., ο/η Frank Gasdorf <fgdrf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> έγραψε:

IMH the catched IOException should be re-thrown in commitTransaction() either

--
Frank