Re: [udig-dev] initial code check-in

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Frank Gasdorf <fgdrf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jody, I'm not sure whether I got your point. Althought we can work in github you like to move to LocationTech hosted git repository (and mirror this back to LocationTech group repository at github)?

I am in the process of asking for https://github.com/locationtech/udig to be created.

When it is available I would like to move from https://github.com/uDig/udig-platform to https://github.com/locationtech/udig

Is this neccessary to be in Position to use build and hosting infrastructure and relang functionality from eclipse common build infrastructure as well?

This is not my initial goal, however when we have moved to https://github.com/locationtech/udig we can use eclipse build infrastructure, you will have to explain build/hosting/relang to me.

Or is it about adding eclipse git as remote repository to our working copy and push master to upstream master, rebase luna branch and push it to upstream as well?

This is my goal, I wasted to move over since we upgraded to GeoTools 11.2. We can create a new branch (on the new repo) for the rebased luna work, and push it to upstream when it passes QA).

An other point for sure are committer access to all the other tools such as bugzilla, Gerrit, Hudson and so in. Make sense for move to LocationTech but currently have no idea how the workflow would look like if committers working with github repository.

I am just focused on moving github repository -  I think we can figure that out the other facilities as we have need of them.

Maybe we should chat about it with Andrew.

We should actually chat about it with Wayne - who is our mentor :) Although I am sure Andrew is friendly as well. The other thing to chat about, is how to "stitch together" git history locally - for any developers who are interested.
--
Jody