Re: [udig-dev] GeoTools gt-wfs2 testing

Niels:

Just bouncing part of this discussion back to the udig-dev list here. On geotools-devel you pointed out some issues with WFSGeoResourceInfo failing if namesapceURI was null.

I have provided a patch here:

This patch provides very careful logging when extracting information from the GeoTools WFS Client. You can turn on logging when running uDig from your IDE by looking at the "trace" tab (see https://www.dropbox.com/s/jghmofs6xefqd1j/wfs-ng-trace.png).

About namespaceURI

The namespace URI *should* actually agree with the result from GetFeatures and DescribeFeatureType. Even though the uDig code now tries some fallback strategies if namespaceURI is unavailable ... the API contract should be namespaceURI = location of XML schema file.

For GeoServer this is a reference to DescribeFeatureType (as seen at the top of GetFeature documents). Other WFS servers will have an external schema document they are pointing to here. This is more important in the app-schema case where a server is setup to confirm to a specific schema.
--
Jody

Jody Garnett