[udig-dev] Snap Vertex to Line of Polygon Geometry

Hello everybody,

is there a way to snap a vertex of a polygon geometry to snap at a line of another polygon (maybe in another layer in the current map)? Currently there are Snapping options, to snap a vertex to another vertex, but I did not found any possibility to snap to line. In jira (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1279) there is a ticket with snapping to a line feature, but is was moved from one version to the next.

Has anybody some hints, how to implement such snapping option? In theory I think, the intersection between the distance circle surrounding the moved vertex with the lines of the underlying polygone line has to be calculated. The snapping point would be the middle between the two intersection points. Any idea?

Regards
Christina Bornträger

Back to the top