[udig-devel] deadlock … fixed!

Just a report back from IRC land (with moovida and mauro).

Frank your "rollback" of blackboard synchronisation locking has removed the deadlock.

Thinking about it for a bit:
a) your change is nice and clear (I see you experimented with different locks)
b) what we missed was consider thread locking used by tools - as depending on which order they access the blackboard they could (and did) manage to deadlock themselves

I also checked the use of "EditFeature" which was the change I suspected of causing issues. Turns out it is not used by edit tools at all and can be ruled out as a cause of trouble.

--
Jody Garnett

Back to the top