Re: [udig-devel] Display ViewPart with table on button click

Hello Mauricio Pazos,
Thanks a lot...

But I have one more issue while displaying table

I have create function settable() in ResultView like
public void settable(Table tb){
        System.out.println("d tabla cnt"+tblcomposite); // error occure  tblcomposite is null
        table = new Table(tblcomposite, SWT.BORDER | SWT.MULTI | SWT.FILL);
        table.setLayoutData(new GridData(SWT.FILL, SWT.CENTER, false, false, 1, 1));
        table.setHeaderVisible(true);
        table.setLinesVisible(true);
        table = tb;
        table.pack();
        tblcomposite.layout();
    }
when I call this function nullpointerexception occures
ResultView RV = new ResultView();
RV.settable(table);
If the function call from ResultView itself then table prints but when call from DataView error occure...
I dont know what I am missing?????

Thanks
Amit

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 12:14 AM, Mauricio Pazos <mauricio.pazos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 07:37:45 PM Amit Shukla wrote:
> Thanks for reply, But I want to display result in another view like
> TableView in udig. I have create a viewpart for displaying result, but it
> is not added in perspective so that it is not present in
> activeworkbenchwindow or activepage.
> I want to add viewpart at the bottom
> and in that viewpart i want to display result. On button click how to add
> viewpart?????
To open a new view  you could use the following idiom

ResultView view = (ResultView) ApplicationGIS.getView(true, ResultView.ID);
if (view == null) {
        IWorkbenchPage page =PlatformUI
                 .getWorkbench()
                       .getActiveWorkbenchWindow()
                                     .getActivePage();
                view = (ResultView) page.findView(ResultView.ID);
}

To display this view at the botton I think that  you will need a new
IFolderLayout in the IPageLayout  to contain this ResultView

--
Mauricio Pazos

Back to the top