[udig-devel] tycho release glitch patrol

Morning Sam:

Figured I would move our conversation here so Frank can check our work.

1) dropins

Got a response back from Stéphane Bouchet wrote:

you have to create a p2.inf file with instructions to creates a dropins folder :

instructions.configure=\
mkdir(path:${installFolder}/dropins);

We should be able to try this on the parkinfo pom.xml.

2) testing

I didn't get time to do any testing of the products or sdks, ideally I
would have waited a bit longer before submitting a pull request

Understand.

I was able to test win32 and win64 yesterday; and fix the issues displaying raster data.

The full set of snapshots are available here:

I already have a solid downcheck due to lack of downloads folder; other than that it should be good for testing.

3) x86_64 testing

I had to to add x86_64 environments so the tests would run, but the
sdk (or product, can't remember) wouldn't build with the macosx x86_64
environment, couldn't find a required eclipse macosx x86_64 file

What platform were you working on for this?
I will try on my end and see what happens.

4) test failures

In the tests profile I had to comment out
net.refractions.udig.catalog.tests.geotiff, but I'm pretty sure that's
just because my jdk doesn't have gdal installed as it runs fine from
eclipse

The product fix for raster support yesterday should of done the trick.

Also had to comment out net.refractions.udig.tool.edit.tests as it
pops up a dialogue box requiring user interaction to continue. Maybe
there is a way of disabling message boxes when running tests? Or it
will just have to be closed by the test

For the geotools build we have some tests check if they are running headless; I am not sure if a similar thing can be done for SWT.

5) language

I didn't notice that there was another pom located at
features/net.refractions.udig_language-feature/pom-languages.xml,
should that be integrated into the main build?

I don't thinks so; it is used to assemble the babel translations for the "dropins" folder. If we can get a full maven / tycho build going for ecipse users then it will not be needed.

Might get some time to do some more on the weekend

I will see what progress I can make this week.

Jody

Back to the top