[udig-devel] tycho build with dropins

Yesterday moovida managed to catch me on IRC and was very clear in reminding me that we need a "dropins" folder. Frank has also been clear that he wants the next release made with tycho (as we are so close….).

So how about some progress - with using an up to date version of tycho (thanks Sam!) I was able to finally ask on the tycho-users list:
This may end up being a very simple answer - or perhaps not :-)

I have been tasked with updating one of the oldest RCP projects known to man to the Tycho build system. A number of developers have taken a run at this, and we have just now managed to arrive on the latest Tycho release, we are building a product that includes a launcher and so forth.

There is however one missing bit! The generated artefact does not contain a dropins folder.

When releasing manually form eclipse the "Product Wizard" has a checkbox for "Generate metadata repository" which is how we normally get the "dropins" folder created.

Is their a similar trick we need to make to enable this functionality in our tycho configuration?

Root:

Product:
And more importantly got back a useful answer:
Stéphane Bouchet wrote:

you have to create a p2.inf file with instructions to creates a dropins folder :

instructions.configure=\
mkdir(path:${installFolder}/dropins);
Jody

Back to the top