[udig-devel] Building the SDK - pull request 87

I am not going to have a chance to switch back to the same tag as you; my best bet is to apply your work to master so we have it for next release.

If you get an SDK that works let me know where it is and I can copy it onto the uDig website.

-- back to your patch --
Okay with a bit of git apply magic I have (I think) managed to apply your patch.

The following did not apply smoothly (as the files has been removed on master):
error: plugins/eu.udig.libs.teradata/copy.properties: No such file or directory
error: plugins/eu.udig.libs.teradata/refresh.xml: No such file or directory

For the libs source the ant script to rename the jars did not apply; so I have tried to reproduce your results.

I took a careful look at the following help pages:
- http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/guide/tools/preference_pages/source_code_locations.htm
- http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/tasks/pde_custom_callbacks.htm

It contains:
- an explanation of how Eclipse Source bundle works (and an apology for the "traditional" zip approach we are using)
- example of a custom build step responsible for unpacking a zip into the new configuration

I figured I could use a "custom callback" to rename jars --> zip like you have done.

----
Update:
- Got your source rename code added to a customBuildCallback.xml file
- Added some code to account for the eu.udig.lib.teradata plugin
- Tried hooking it into build.properties

If I call it by hand before exporting the SDK the result looks like it has the correct file layout to me:

net.refractions.udig.libs.source_1.3.1.201201051557/
plugin.xml <--- lists "src" folder
net.refractions.udig.libs.source_1.3.1.201201051557/src/eu.udig.libs.teradata_1.3.1.qualifier
gtlib/gt-jdbc-teradata-8-SNAPSHOTsrc.zip
net.refractions.udig.libs.source_1.3.1.201201051557/src/net.refractions.udig.libs_1.3.1.qualifier
lib/antlr-3.3src.zip
lib/...
lib/gt-api-8-SNAPSHOTsrc.zip
lib/...