Re: [udig-devel] Document View RFC

I have basically the same thoughts as andrea.  I like the idea in general but a few more details, like where the documents come from would be nice.  Are they from features? are they registered by an application developer?  Are they downloaded from some URL that the view is constructed with?

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 6:45 AM, andrea antonello <andrea.antonello@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Paul, my +1 come from the heart. I have been thinking about and
wishing this for much too long now.

>From the RFC I do not understand how you want to handle this exactly?
Let's for example take a shapefile (it is a good move to start with
that one). Some fields will have documents, as for example pictures of
the single feature. Will the document view let the user define a field
that holds documents? The wireframe you created shows a lot of
documents, I am a bit confused.

Ciao,
Andre