Re: [udig-devel] RFC : native support bundles for java advanced imaging

Great idea!

Add the license checking to the tasks to do; that way we can vote on this as a good idea - and the license checks won't be missed as the work progresses.

1. GDAL and ImageIO-ext license should be straight forward
2. The ECW license should be okay as we have an explicit license allowing it to be distributed in client software (such as uDig). Packaging up the DLLs in a plugin / fragment with this license would be nice and clear; we may even be able to do a workbench startup dialog click through to supplement the one in the installer.
3. The mac fragment was still used; although mac does ship with JAI  and Java 3D.
4. Mac ImageIO-EXT + GDAL - We have also had in the past a mac build of ImageIO-Ext and GDAL (mostly due to moovida compiling a patched version of GDAL that was stable). My understanding is this is now resolved with the more recent releases of GDAL we can use them out of the box.

--
Jody Garnett