Re: [udig-devel] udig new look

Great work guys, it looks amazing.

I like the idea of removing tool from the end of the tool button label, they are all on the tool pallet so we know they are tools. I also liked your idea of adding the short cut to the end of the label however after seeing your screen shot we might be a little stretched for space.

I am available to update some of the documentation screenshots when you’re ready to commit the changes back to master.

From: udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jody Garnett
Sent: Thursday, 18 August 2011 3:19 AM
To: User-friendly Internet GIS
Subject: [udig-devel] udig new look

Okay this is a bit more style over substance; I am having a lot of trouble with the internals of ToolManager and ToolProxy (they communicate using a public field!).

Notes are here:
http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/UDIG/Use+GEF+Tool+Palette

However the following is "pixel" perfect and we should be able to run through the documentation and update screen snaps (which was what we needed this evening).

There is a large amount of technical debt behind the picture; and I am not sure that the specific technique used (extending GraphicalEditorWithFlyoutPalette) is the best one. Indeed GraphicalEditorWithFlyoutPalette indicates should be copied rather than subclassed.

The work is on Scott's fork; in the future I would really like to see this kind of thing done on a branch of uDig (can you do a pull request from a branch?).

Think B4U Print

1 ream of paper = 6% of a tree and 5.4kg CO2 in the atmosphere

3 sheets of A4 paper = 1 litre of water