Re: [udig-devel] Composite layer control for Layer View

Hi Ralph:

There is an experimental "table of contents" view that you can look at for ideas in the community section.

The layers view is intended to be a simple reflection of draw order; I would prefer to see a "legend" view created that allowed you to group layers as you indicate in your email. There have been a number of suggestions about how all of that can work; one of the ones I like the most is to mark some layers as "background" (and not list them in the legend view") and in a similar manner take the "decorations" (and not display them in the legend view by default).

So this is a common request; one that several development teams have tackled to their satisfaction (usually taking about two weeks to a month each depending on the approach). Thus far a good solution has not been provided back to the core udig platform.

--
Jody Garnett