Re: [udig-devel] add GeoTifff Image

I’m only new to this so forgive me if I’m barking up the wrong tree, I was digging around in the CatalogPlugin plugin and think that’s what you’re looking for.

You can manually create your service and add it to the catalog like so.

IServiceFactory serviceFactory = CatalogPlugin.getDefault().getServiceFactory();
IService service = serviceFactory.createService(new URL("
file://"+path));

try {
    IServiceInfo info = service.getInfo( null );  // try connecting to make sure the service works

    if (info != null) {
         CatalogPlugin.getDefault().getLocalCatalog().add( service ); // add service

}catch (IOException couldNotConnect ){
     service.dispose(new NullProgressMonitor());
}

However the catalog provides the acquire method that will do all the work for you.

IService service = CatalogPlugin.getDefault().getLocalCatalog().acquire(new URL("file://"+path), new NullProgressMonitor());

Simply call this from your menu contribution and provide the path to your GeoTiff.

One thing to note is that the acquire method douse not guarantee that a geotiff service will be used to render your layer. If it I important that your layer use a geotiff render you will have to use the manual service creation method.