Re: [udig-devel] Lightweight SWT version of GMapPanel

Thanks for the prompt response Jody,

I've been investigating MapViewer today, but if I'm looking at the
correct version - it still has a lot of uDig dependencies.  I've had
it running, but I had to incorporate the 202Mb of uDig libs.  I
acknowledge there will be a requirement for the GeoTools libs, but it
appears that the JMapPane class included in the GeoTools sources is
able to work with barely any non GeoTools dependencies.

Are you aware of a more streamlined uDig packaging that just contains
the MapViewer class?

I suppose the class I was imagining was 'thin' enough that it could be
distributed in GeoTools alongside the JMapPanel : with the only
dependencies being on the GeoTools classes.

Any suggestions?  Should I set out and create such a class from Scratch?

cheers,
Ian

> We have wrapped up the core in a MapViewer that can be embedded in an otherwise
>  innocent RCP app. The detailed tutorial is part of the commercial training materials.
> And yes this is for exactly the need you describe; wanting a map and no ui contributions.
> The source code for the tutorial is available however; and you can look at how it was done.
> Jody

Back to the top