[udig-devel] uDig UI meets GeoServer

Hi developers,
as some of you may know we are working on a geospatial workbench based on uDig catalog and UI code. You can think of it as a multi-user, server based uDig with integrated GeoServer entirely running in the web browser.

We have been working on this for about one year now. Recently we have finished the last missing important components on our way to a release version:

  * authorization model
  * GeoServer integration

I thought this might be of interest for uDig developers too. The authorization model is based on ACLs. It allows people to work in a completely separated workspace while working on the same server. On the other hand it allows to share project, layers, data as need across users and roles.

The integrated GeoServer allows to deliver projects in the workbench via WMS, WFS by clicking just one button. The information of the project and its layers is used to configure the services and GeoServer does the work.

Just to keep you informed. Any comments or ideas are always very welcome. Project home: http://polymap.org/polymap3

Best regards,
Falko
--