Re: [udig-devel] what I am up to

On 07/09/2010, at 3:00 PM, andrea antonello wrote:

>> I am bored; aaime has performed so many improvements I would like to see
>> if I can switch trunk to GeoTools 2.7-SNAPSHOT (so we can get help with any issues this week).
>
> That would be a great idea. But do it on github please.

I don't know how yet; but if I do the work I will at least have a change to learn with.

>> Other ideas - resource:
>> - Craig has done a lot of work with the eclipse core resource for saving stuff; moovida don't you use this as well?
>
> That would be an amazing move, but I guess quite complex.

We can talk to him; it should not be complex; even if we don't use it in udig.product we could still include it in the udig sdk for others.

>> Other ideas scripting:
>> - Craig also has a lot of his bridge code for JRuby scripting
>> - Justin has the GeoScript project that has the same api for scripts in JavaScript, scala, JPython and JRuby
>
> I am trying to use the groovy geoscript in our console for the spatial parts.

Really? That is cool - does justin know?

>> Other ideas osgi:
>> - I may be able to do a FactoryLookup class in GeoTools (rather than the FactoryIterator they have now) to help geotools working out of the box
>>
>> So if possible I would like to work with someone on getting scripting into uDig; so people can define additional processes with greater ease.
>
> Don't you dare :). This requires a lot of talking, since we have
> already some approaches for scripting and they have to be all be
> usable. I feel scripting is getting something that will never be in
> core.

Well I would like to see a geoscript community module just so I have a chance to try Justin's geoscript work. They offer a different data model built on geotools
workspace is a datastore, record is a feature, field is an attribute etc...

Jody

Back to the top