Re: [udig-devel] what I am up to

[...]
>> When you mean now, when exactly now do you mean?
>
> I am bored; aaime has performed so many improvements I would like to see
> if I can switch trunk to GeoTools 2.7-SNAPSHOT (so we can get help with any issues this week).

That would be a great idea. But do it on github please.

> Other ideas - resource:
> - Craig has done a lot of work with the eclipse core resource for saving stuff; moovida don't you use this as well?

That would be an amazing move, but I guess quite complex.

> Other ideas scripting:
> - Craig also has a lot of his bridge code for JRuby scripting
> - Justin has the GeoScript project that has the same api for scripts in JavaScript, scala, JPython and JRuby

I am trying to use the groovy geoscript in our console for the spatial parts.

> Other ideas osgi:
> - I may be able to do a FactoryLookup class in GeoTools (rather than the FactoryIterator they have now) to help geotools working out of the box
>
> So if possible I would like to work with someone on getting scripting into uDig; so people can define additional processes with greater ease.

Don't you dare :). This requires a lot of talking, since we have
already some approaches for scripting and they have to be all be
usable. I feel scripting is getting something that will never be in
core.

Andrea