Re: [udig-devel] where conditions while displaying postgis table

I am afraid the filter standard we use for interacting with shapefiles, postgis and web feature servers is focused just on a single where statement and does not offer joins.

So I will have to ask you to create a view in your database for this purpose.

There are two developments occurring in GeoTools that should help:
- app schema work allowing you to define a feature type and provide a mapping to the various tables that form its content
- andrea is looking at allowing sql based queries which would hopefully be similar to defining your own view

I have also personally created a work around (a function that does a "lookup" in another table file; I ended up loading the other file into memory to make this happen and cannot really recommend it).

Jody