Re: [udig-devel] Blueprint for Open Source Web Mapping using uDig

Our existing documentation is in an open wiki; and code repository. Open source projects do not generally have spare volunteers to help :-)

Your existing instructions look fine thus far; if your shapefiles had a sidecar "sld" file uDig would take that as the default style (and not trouble your users with a  " probably create a pretty ugly map").

The closest document we have to yours is:

When your document is complete we can of course add it to the wiki "Getting Started" section; and it will be included in subsequent releases of uDig.

Jody