Re: [udig-devel] update sites on by default

On 19/05/2010, at 11:25 PM, andrea antonello wrote:

> Hi Jody,
> so what is the state of art for that now?

P2 has been the state of the art since Eclipse 3.4; as of Eclipse 3.6 I think it is the only option.

> I was not thinking we would change that now. I was more hoping in
> being able to revert the change that made the update sites disappear
> at some point.

I thought that change was moving to Eclipse 3.5?

> Anyways, I browsed through the docs you linked myself yesterday when
> searching for solutions. It is quite some stuff to understand before
> we can move forward, it seems.
>
> How would you like to proceed?

I would like to get a time estimate for the two options:
- Did you get the "old" update site to work at all? Could we release 1.2.0 with that? (and then have to turn it off in a couple weeks time when we switch to P2?)
- I have the new P2 user interface on trunk now; what stands in the way is mistakes made when packaging the uDig application (or features point to things that do not existing etc...)

I would like to ask for help (Jesse are you around?) in packaging up uDig for release. We may need to go through creating the "mail" RCP application; and enabling it for P2 as shown in the exercise to understand what needs to be done.

What we get in trade?
- we have a P2 update site that we can use with Eclipse 3.6
- udig is also available as something from an update site; so you can download and install a small core and have P2 install the rest
- udig is packaged so it can be run as Java Web Start

Jody

Back to the top