Re: [udig-devel] Dump of OpenStreetMap

I've been downloading from cloudmade, the guys behind open street map. They have a download site at http://downloads.cloudmade.com, and have everything categorized by continent and country, as well as layers (streets, POI, admin, etc.).

I usually use the shapefiles for direct support in uDIG, but have recently tried loading the OSM XML format (called 'planet' format) into Neo4j as part of the 'Neo4j Spatial' project. Interesting stuff..