Re: [udig-devel] about MemoryDataStore

2009/10/26 Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On 26/10/2009, at 9:20 PM, Arto Pastinen wrote:
>
> Hi, i have now spend some time to play and test all kind options to
> continue my work,
>
> Good timing; moovida was looking at a h2 datastore yesterday which may be
> one of the options?

Ok it is fine, one option what i was thinking was to create some
temporary .shp file to be the datastore, but there is some document
that it can contain only one graphic or something. I am not sure what
it means the file format is unknow for me.. I need to be able to draw
points and polygons etc. and i will do graphic tools to draw arrows
etc.

> about these edit tools, if i have understand correctly, the changes
> will be committed when user saves the map, like with CTRL+S key?
>
> Each temporary layer is given a chance to save itself when the map is closed
> (or CTRL+S is pressed I guess).
> How it does that we will need to check; right now the code to export to a
> shapefile is in single location.
>
> What happends now with temprary geo resource, the udig offers to save
> the map to .shp file, instead to save to memory (ok there was also
> some nullpointerexception, in 1.2M4, but i fixed it..), where and how
> this save functionality is defined if i can do something for it?
>
> Could we try another technique here; you just want the stuipid save process
> to shut up right?
> Can you make your own memory datastore and use it for your own work? As long
> as the IGeoResource does
> not implement "ITransientResolve" you should be okay?
> Jody

Ok own memory datastore is also just fine, what i want is to commit
the features which are drawn with edit tools to memory datastore, in
my tests i have found that commit happends in case of save, but when
datastore is memory datastore udig offers to write them to disk, and
that is not what i want.. unless i use the temporary .shp which i tell
earlier comment.
Later when user has drawn what he needs, there is some my own export
button to export the features to our own file format.