Re: [udig-devel] about MemoryDataStore

On 26/10/2009, at 9:20 PM, Arto Pastinen wrote:

Hi, i have now spend some time to play and test all kind options to
continue my work,

Good timing; moovida was looking at a h2 datastore yesterday which may be one of the options?

about these edit tools, if i have understand correctly, the changes
will be committed when user saves the map, like with CTRL+S key?

Each temporary layer is given a chance to save itself when the map is closed (or CTRL+S is pressed I guess).
How it does that we will need to check; right now the code to export to a shapefile is in single location.

What happends now with temprary geo resource, the udig offers to save
the map to .shp file, instead to save to memory (ok there was also
some nullpointerexception, in 1.2M4, but i fixed it..), where and how
this save functionality is defined if i can do something for it?

Could we try another technique here; you just want the stuipid save process to shut up right?
Can you make your own memory datastore and use it for your own work? As long as the IGeoResource does
not implement "ITransientResolve" you should be okay?

Jody

Back to the top