Re: [udig-devel] Loading layers from empty views

On 15/09/2009, at 9:55 PM, Kamal Al-Bawani wrote:

Thanks for your reply. We are using uDig Version 1.1.0.
It's clear to us that empty layers cause a problem, but what doesn't make sense is that such layers remain empty even after inserting new rows in the corresponding tables.

I understand - here is the cause of the bug (and you will laugh!).

It records the bounds of the layer when it connects; and then it will clip against those bounds. We have had a long standing issue with geoserver when people draw data outside of the original bounds - uDig does not notice and "cut" off the WMS requests  against the original data size.

You should be able to right click on the entry in the catalog and "reset" it (rather then restarting).

Some progress on this issue has been made on trunk; but I cannot remember the details  off the top of my head.

Jody

We do refresh the layers after new data insertions, but even deleting and re-creating them does not help. Only restarting udig solves the problem! Please notice that inserted rows may appear in the table view but still cannot appear on the map editor.

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:27:29 +1000
From: Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] Loading layers from empty views
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
       <udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
       DelSp="yes"

Can I ask what version you are using? We recently swiched the data
store implementation we are using for udig 1.2-M7 - so I would like to
know what version you are trying out.

uDig does try and determine the bounds of the layer when it is added;
so if there is no content that may indeed cause problems.

Jody

On 14/09/2009, at 8:09 PM, Kamal Al-Bawani wrote:

> [...]
___