Re: [udig-devel] Point symbolizer questions

Some comments inline...

On 08/09/2009, at 10:50 AM, Rui Alves wrote:

Hi,

I am using uDig 1.1.1 and I need to represent programaticaly a point on a layer as an image.
I can represent it as a Circle for example with the code bellow.

Question 1)
Is this the correct way to do it?

That seems fine; there are a couple utility methods to help such as the class "SLDs".

Question 2)
At the end I have 3 lines of code that I use to assign the style to the layer. Which one should I use? I try several combinations and all of them seems to work!
  sld.addFeatureTypeStyle(fts[0]);
  sld.setFeatureTypeStyles(fts);
  actLayer.getStyleBlackboard().put(SLDContent.ID, pointStyle);

You need to put a style object on the blackboard.

Question 3)

How should I change the could if I want to use an image like a JPG or an ICON to represent the point instead one of the pre-defined symbols?

use an external graphic rather then a mark.

Best of luck,
Jody

Back to the top