Re: [udig-devel] Feature Caching

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Dave S-B <dev-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It is a confusing class! ;)

The ShowViewInterceptor is exactly right for what I'm doing so I've changed everything over to use that, rather than filtering at the IGeoResource level - it definitely keeps everything much cleaner. Unfortunately, it still suffers from the same problem. Someone somewhere is caching things so that, in order to see the filter change, you have to remove the layer and add it back in again. It's now persisting the original Filter (i.e. the one in place when the layer was first created) as well, so even closing the application down and opening it up again doesn't refresh the data! I need to dig more...

The cache doesn't seem to be accessible from outside of the LayerResource class - I think everything's in ResourceCacheInterceptor instance which is held in the interceptors collection. Is there any way of clearing it or stopping it from caching the FeatureStore? Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place...

Seems really odd.  I thought that interceptor was applied after the resource was retrieved from the cache.  If not then that is a bug.  It should be applied after the cache.  I see that it is a POST interceptor.  I have not used MySQL datastore.  maybe you can verify that the same problem occurs when using a Postgres datastore or a shapefile.  I suspect the problem may be related to the MySQL datastore implementation.

Jesse

Back to the top