Re: [udig-devel] M6 almost ready?

Between these emails and the other ones I've seen from Jody I'm a little confused :)

What I *think* I can do is:

a) Make an installer that points to the udig.bat file instead of the udig_private.exe file.

OR

b) Make the installer set the system environment variables GDAL_DATA & GDAL_DRIVER_PATH. However, this will overwrite these environment variables if they exist causing conflicts with existing installations of GDAL_DATA and GDAL_DRIVER_PATH.

I don't think I can make an installer that sets the environment variables of a program for each "session". I think that would have to be done when the udig.exe file is created. I could be totally wrong as I don't have that much experience with NSIS - if you know otherwise please let me know.

So which of the above two do you think are best?

Emily

andrea antonello wrote:
Opps we are talking in Circles :-)

Indeed :)

Emily is making an installer; and thus she can set the variables at a
global level :-)

Aha, I didn't know that. I guessed there would be a way to set them
just for the process. Emily, do you have any idea if that is possible?
I would not want to break anyones Gdal related software, which might
be of several types.

Andrea

Jody

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 8:12 PM, andrea