Re: [udig-devel] dependency audit day 1

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:44 AM, andrea antonello <andrea.antonello@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Jody,

> Here is the updated page:
> - http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/ADMIN/Dependencies
>
> it now covers everything (including iText :-D ). One place where my
> knowledge is out of date is what is happening with the plugins that
> contain JAI and ImageIO? I hope moovida will be able to explain it to
> me sometime this week.

I can talk about the imageio-ext stuff for sure, but the plugins about
jai are Jesse's bundle for Macosx. I try to explain, in case he can
correct me.
Those plugins are used to install jai (or imageio? one of the two
comes with the jre I guess) on Macosx.

Both jai and imageio

On startup they install those
libs if they are not already present on the system. Those are easy to
install since there is no native lib compiled in that case.

The imageio-ext stuff is a different thing. I guess Jesse put the
native libs I gave him into the install folder and set the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to that folder.

The Info.plist has to set the variables

The Info.plist template is in the repository in extras/headless/.../resources

All the plugins, features, configuration and directories with the native libs are put into:
udig.app/Content/Resources

Jesse

Back to the top