Re: [udig-devel] Work with GeoSelectionService

I agree Artemij:

If you review the workbench tutorial it goes through how to track the work bench selection and adapt to a range of interesting targets.

I suspect that the GeoSelectionService was intended to simplify this workflow - providing a service that performed a lot of these steps internally making it easier on people to implement views and so forth.

Your suggestion, MapImpl.select( envelope), sounds fine however and I would be happy to review a patch to that effect. You will find that what is considered selected for a map depends on what tool is currently in use; as such MapImpl.select would only work with a few tools as I understand it.

Jody