Re: [udig-devel] Some problems in the catalog view with uDig from trunk

These are "easy" problems to fix if someone has the time. Jesse is organizing a code sprint for early next month; perhaps you could join us for a couple days online and help hunt these ones down?

Let me go through what you found in order:
!ENTRY net.refractions.udig.ui 1 0 2009-06-22 11:23:59.384
!MESSAGE net.refractions.udig.ui.WorkbenchConfiguration "net.refractions.udig.internal.ui.UDIGWorkbenchConfiguration" specified but no valid extension found.

Please check that the extension exists and that it is valid.

The UDIGWorkbenchConfiguration is a strange extensions point that Richard I think made to get around the early limitations of Eclipse 3.0 in 2004. It allows people to implement their own class to add in menus. Now that Eclipse RCP culture has grown up a bit we find that people would rather implement their own application (as done in the Custom Application tutorial) and as part of that they can define their own menus.

Action:
- do not issue a warning
- continue supporting the extension (even though I hate it) in order to support people updating their udig applications to uDig 1.2

!ENTRY net.refractions.udig.ui 1 0 2009-06-22 11:23:59.444

!MESSAGE net.refractions.udig.ui.MenuBuilder "net.refractions.udig.ui.uDigMenuBuilder" specified but no valid extension found.
Please check that the extension exists and that it is valid.

Same kind of deal (or I am confusing the two issues).

!ENTRY net.refractions.udig.ui 1 0 2009-06-22 11:23:59.948

!MESSAGE EnablementUtil: Expected child of net.refractions.udig.tutorials.tracking.operation but didn't find one...

This one is interesting; sounds like some of the operations in tracking have an invalid plugin.xml fragment. This is actually really common since I have not been able to get good documentation on how enablement works - Jesse added this to operations but I have not had a chance to hunt down a working example to update the docs; and then fix these warnings.

Action:
- make the enablement not manditory (so we do not get a warning) - enablement was new and should not of been added as manditory if we could have a sensible default
- update the operations extension point docs

!ENTRY net.refractions.udig.ui 1 0 2009-06-22 11:23:59.954
!MESSAGE EnablementUtil: Expected child of net.refractions.udig.render.wms.basic.operation but didn't find one...

Same deal.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.ui.sdk 2 0 2009-06-22 11:24:09.013

!MESSAGE Could not locate the running profile instance. The eclipse.p2.data.area and eclipse.p2.profile properties may not be set correctly in this application's config.ini file.

This is new with the upgrade to eclipse 3.4; and I am not sure what is to be done.  Does it happen every time you run? When uDig is deployed we could have a p2 directory (for equinox to manage drop in plugins).

Actions:
- research (see if it happens on a new rcp app such as you get when you run the new plugin project wizard and select RCP demo)
- fix to aggree with above "demo" app results.
- read about p2 in eclipse help menu if the above is not fixing it

Do you think that they can give me some problem or they don't cause a trouble?

They do not cause trouble; except to annoy you.

Jody

--
Daniele Andreis