Re: [udig-devel] Problem exporting product based on uDig

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. When I removed the build.properties completly from net.refractions.udig.lib the application exports and I can run it. There is still a problem with plug-ins imported from target platform. Export fails because of them.

I have the target platform set up with uDig SDK. You write something about missing 3.3 eclipse plugins. What do you mean by that? Do I need some other eclipse plugins apart from those that are inside the uDig SDK?

Regards, Michal

Matthias Lendholt pisze:
Hi,

I had the same problems. You have to modify the lib plugin (just remove the whole build.properties from the SDK). And you have to setup a target platform with the uDig SDK and with missing plugins taken from eclipse 3.3. And this target platform has to be referenced in the workspace settings of your eclipse 3.4 IDE.

Regards, Matthias

Michał Maniecki schrieb:
Hi,

I'm using Eclipse 3.4, so I guess this is the problem.

We've also just managed to workaround all these bugs and export an application. Here is how: 1. A line "source.libs.jar = src/" was removed from build.properties in net.refractions.udig.lib. 2. All plug-ins imported from target platform were exported to JARs and then removed from application.
After this export succeeds but the application won't start.
3. Replace folder net.refractions.udig.libs_1.1.1 from plugins of the exported application, with one from uDig 1.1.1.
4. Replace JARs from plugins with the exported ones (point 2).

It took some time to develop this method but the application seems to work fine.
Thanks for help.

Jody Garnett pisze:
Hi Mr. Maniecki:

The uDig 1.1.1 application requires you use an earlier version of
Eclipse in order to export a custom application. Can you tell me what
version of eclipse you are using?

Jody