[udig-devel] Re: udig-devel Digest, Vol 62, Issue 23

>From uDig 1.1.0 -> Layer -> AddData, I tried the PostGIS instance that
Jody mentioned (host: ccip.lisasoft.com, username: readonly, pwd:
readonly, database: geosci) and got error saying:
"Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and
that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections."

Could someone please try it and let me know whether it works? Eric
kindly provided 4 instances too, all of them give me the same error. I
wonder whether it is caused by some issue on my side (like behind
firewall) or the instances are not configured to allow connections in
the way uDig 1.1.0 AddData PostGIS wizard expects?

Your help will be appreciated very much!

Jenny

> Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 11:20:01 +1000
> From: Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: [udig-devel] refractions postgis instance
> To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
>        <udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I will check again; it was up last time we had this conversation (it
> was just the user was stuck behind a fiewall).
>
> There is another postGIS instance here for the "climate change
> intergration plugfest" (ie a demo thing for FOSS4G in october).
> - http://how2map.blogspot.com/2009/04/stepping-outside-my-comfort-zone-for.html
>
> Jody
>
> On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 8:01 AM, "Jenny" Guilian
> Wang<guilianwang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The refractions postgis instance demo-bc is unavailable. I saw email
>> threads about this issue from Eric and Mark in archive. Could someone
>> let me know whether there is currently a postgis instance available
>> and DB connection info?
>>
>> Your help will be appreciated very much!
>>
>> Jenny

Back to the top