Re: [udig-devel] Memory usage best practices, and old postgis layer leak?

Mark and I had a look; and I have not run out of memory yet. We were
slowed down because the svn server is down :-(

A couple things:
- I did find an easy way to turn on the heap widget when running udig
- as a trace option
- when restarting my postgis layers were still in my map; but my
postgis instance was not in the catalog (so I have at least one bug to
hunt down)

Using the heap widget I was able to hit the garbage collect button
after each render - and return to 26MB footprint (I was testing with a
massive dataset that takes 3 minuets to draw so if there was a memory
leak I would not be able to finish drawing).

Jody