Re: [udig-devel] Projection Question

Interesting, thanks for the link. I don't know if this would work or not. I never tried it; if I get the chance I'll look at let you know, but I'm not sure I have the time at the moment.

Emily

andrea antonello wrote:
Hi Emily,

I would guess that this works well for 1.1, but for uDig trunk we are using

Yes exactly, I forgot while writing that it was that way.

BTW, I chose that method, since the methods added here:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTDOC/11+Referencing+FAQ#11ReferencingFAQ-HowdoIextendthesystemwithmyowncustomCRS%3F

were not available in the old API. Any reason the above not working on trunk?

I was planning to do that on trunk later on .

Ciao
Andrea

the hsql version of the epsg jar which doesn't seem to have epsg.properties
file in it.  Instead it has an EPSG.sql file which seems much harder to
understand :)  However, this looks like it might be what I need to edit.
 I'll play around with it and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks!
Emily

andrea antonello wrote:
Hi Emily,

Yes, this is on uDig trunk.

I saw this page but it doesn't help me because neither 900913 or 3785 are
in
the geotools epsg-hsql jar (or at least I can't find them).  I don't know
how to add something to this jar for my local use; or add it somewhere
else.

I see the "Adding the Projection" section; but to what am I adding that
insert statement?
Since I needed to do that for udig 1.1, I have solved it the way you
need it also.
Inside the epsg jar you will find an epsg.properties file. Inside
there the list of crs is kept, one per line:

epsgnumber=WKTdefinition

Make sure you have a unique number and add your definition.
What I do is substitute the original jar in the udig libs at the first
time JGrass is run. You might make a custom package so you probably
don't need that.

Ciao
Andrea

Thanks,
Emily

Jody Garnett wrote:
I hope this is udig trunk? The google projection now has an offical epsg
code...

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTDOC/08+Google+Maps+Projection

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 4:35 AM, Emily Gouge <egouge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>