Re: [udig-devel] ContextModel Interface deprecated

> Hi all,
>
> I need to use a list of internal layers in a new MapImpl3D (that is like a
> MapImpl). I have seen that a LayerList2 (that extends to
> SynchronizedEObjectWithInverse
> ResolvingEList) is created in the contextModel of the MapImpl.

Just a clarificaiton; it owuld be good if you can use Map /
ViewportModel and Layer etc directly - they are not supposed to be 2D
specific.

> The idea is to create a layers list directly in the MapImpl3D but differents
> classes like LayerView use the contextModel class to update the viewer when
> a a layer is added/removed.

> The problem is the ContextModel  interface is deprecated, it exists a better
> alternative to use? It is possible to create a layers list directly in the
> new MapImpl3D?

I do not think the context model was pulling its weight; you can
access the layers list directly from the Map. Origionally ContextModel
was supposed to have layers and a selection model. That was not useful
in practice; hense context model being deprecated (although I am not
sure why it has not been removed).

Jody

Back to the top